What We Do
The Arc of Pueblo is Here to Help
The Arc of Pueblo advocacy services work to ensure conditions which promote the rights, opportunities, and dignity of each individual with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
People with intellectual and developmental disabilities will live the lives they choose as valued and respected members of the community.Empowers individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) to achieve full and satisfying lives through awareness of their rights, responsibility, and opportunities. The advocacy team provides empowerment and confidence.
We Stand For Advocacy, Guardianship, Classes and Training that Support Well-Being
- Individual Advocacy: for individuals and families who need individual support and information.
- Guardianship: for individuals that may require more formal protection and assistance from a legally empowered adviser acting upon their behalf or simply support from a knowledgeable staff to assist family members in obtaining their own legal guardianship
- Classes and Training: to provide group educational opportunities.
- Public Policy or Systematic Advocacy: to help shape or change policies and procedures that affect people with I/DD. For more information on each of these areas, please click on the links above.
Our advocacy program is established to safeguard the right of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, to facilitate choice and to promote independence and inclusion in community life. The Arc provides advocates who, upon request can attend school, residential and vocational meetings. We provide crisis intervention and work to protect the rights of citizens in Pueblo with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide systems advocacy by promoting policies and legislation that impact the delivery of high quality supports for individuals and their families.
- Requesting educational assessments
- Reviewing assessments, individualized education plans (IEP), requesting accommodations and modifications
- Understanding special education policies and procedures
- Attending meetings to provide support
- Providing information, tips and suggestions to get the most from your child’s education experience
Multi-System Resources and Referrals
- Connecting you with community center boards and health care partners
- Providing referrals to local agency services and supports
- Making recommendations and referrals to other local organizations
- Helping connect individuals with resources within the DIDD system from institutional or medical facilities
With your gift, The Arc will continue our work to protect the rights of people with disabilities and support their full inclusion and participation in the community.
We are looking for partners to help us fulfill our vision of a community that welcomes every person and celebrates their gifts.
Make An Impact In Your Community
Volunteering can be one of the most rewarding choices you can make. Call today and find out how you can help serve those who need you the most.
Because The Arc of Pueblo works to develop and support disabled service providers, The Arc of Pueblo is also mindful to watch that those programs are created with positive ethics and values. Humanity is at the heart of The Arc and and respecting those we serve is one of our highest priorities.